Production & Delivery
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
Please allow 1-2 weeks for production and delivery. Each piece of Shaesby jewelry is handcrafted to order, Monday - Friday. Contact us before placing an order if you need to receive your items sooner. Read more about how we ship your Shaesby order.
Will the jewelry I order look exactly like the photos online?
All of our jewelry is carefully handcrafted and made to order. Given the unique and natural qualities of the materials and gemstones, along with the nature of hand fabrication, your piece may be slightly different than what is pictured.
Each diamond slice is completely unique and one of a kind, with its own shape, coloring, and inclusions. Due to the organic nature of our diamond slices, your order will be similar to but not exactly what is shown in the photograph.
Our freshwater pearls have generally the same dimensions but will vary slightly in shape.
If you have any other general questions regarding our merchandise, please contact us before ordering.
Where can I see your jewelry in person?
Visit our stockists page to find a retailer near you.
Customization & Engraving
How do I contact you for custom jewelry?
Please visit our contact page to make an appointment. We'll be happy to see what we can do to bring your vision to life.
Do you work with heirloom stones?
We believe jewelry should last generations. We will happily work with your heirloom diamonds, gemstones, and reuse your metal upon request if possible.
I like a certain style, but want it with a different stone/metal type. Is this possible?
Please contact us with special requests and we will try our best to make it happen.
Customization and special orders may be subject to additional charges depending on materials and are subject to longer lead times.
Do you provide engraving services?
We can engrave a personal message on most rings with bands at least 2 mm wide. Contact us to make sure your ring can be engraved before placing your order. Engraved items are final sale.
Do you carry gift cards?
We offer Shaesby e-Gift Cards available in selected amounts. Shaesby e-gift cards are only redeemable at Shaesby.com. Please see our gift card page for more information.
Do you offer gift wrapping?
We offer complimentary gift wrapping with all Shaesby orders, simply select the option at checkout. All gift orders are sent with a gift receipt and a handwritten card if a gift message is requested at checkout.
Ring Size Guide
Don’t know your ring size? Contact us with your name and shipping address and we will send you a complimentary ring sizer in the mail.
If the ring you wish to order does not have your size listed, please give us a call before placing your order. Certain styles, like eternity bands, may incur an additional charge for materials when ordered in a larger size.
Measuring & Fit
A properly sized ring is essential. Rings should fit snug but not tight, and slide on smoothly with slight resistance at the knuckle. Wide bands will fit tighter on the finger and should be ordered larger than your normal size.
For the most accurate reading, measure your fingers at room temperature. Heat causes your fingers to expand and cold causes them to contract.
We offer one time complimentary sizing on most rings. Contact us to get started.
Some styles cannot be resized and are subject to a 20% restocking/exchange fee. See product pages for more details.
Caring for Your Jewelry
While our jewelry is made to last a lifetime, please keep in mind that precious metals and gemstones are delicate in nature and should be handled with proper care. See our Jewelry Care Guide below to learn how to protect, clean, and store your jewelry.
We highly recommend removing jewelry before:
- Swimming, exercising, doing any kind of strenuous activity, showering/bathing, sleeping, and washing hands
- Applying personal products such as perfume, hair sprays, and lotions
- Entering a sauna or steam room
- Going to the beach
- Cooking, crafting, gardening, and generally handling anything sticky or messy
- Chlorinated and treated water - the chemicals can permanently damage metals and gemstones, particularly pearls, opals, and 14k white gold.
- Personal care and household products - these products contain chemicals that can dull metal finishes and make stones appear grimy and dingy.
- Extreme conditions - avoid exposing jewelry to sudden or extreme heat or cold; this can cause gemstones to crack. Avoid high humidity to prevent oxidation.
- Impact - All jewelry, especially pieces with gemstones, should be handled with care to avoid hitting, knocking, or dropping your jewelry against a hard surface. Any stone can break if hit hard enough, even diamonds. Dropping pieces of jewelry on a hard surface has been known to bend or damage the metal.
- To clean your jewelry at home, submerge jewelry in a solution of warm water and a detergent free soap.
- After soaking for a few minutes, gently scrub out lotion and dirt with a soft-bristled brush; stiff bristles can scratch soft metals i.e. gold and silver.
- Remove the items from the soapy water solution, rinse with clean water, and thoroughly pat dry. Polish high polish items with a polishing cloth.
- Pearls should not be submerged in water or scrubbed with any brush; instead, wipe clean with a damp cloth and air dry.
- A polishing cloth may only be used on the shiny areas of your jewelry to maintain its high polish finish. Do not use a polishing cloth on a satin or oxidized finish.
- Silver pieces with an oxidized finish should not be cleaned with silver polish or tarnish remover as this will remove the blackened finish.
- Silver pieces with an oxidized finish will develop a worn patina over time. Certain personal care products, friction from wear, oils, water, and body chemistry can affect how quickly the patina appears.
- We are always happy to re-oxidize and/or clean and recondition your Shaesby jewelry, free of charge. Please contact us to initiate the process.
- To prevent scratching or tangling, store each of your Shaesby pieces separately and in its own pouch.
- Store silver pieces in an air-tight bag to prevent tarnishing.
- Store your jewelry in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight, extreme temperatures, and humidity.
- Wipe jewelry clean with a soft cloth before storing.
What is your repair policy?
We stand by the quality of our craft. We’ll make any necessary repairs resulting from a defect in material or normal wear and even cover the shipping costs. Repairs that do not stem from a production defect or are caused by misuse may require materials and/or labor charges and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact us to start your repair.
Repair turnaround is 1-2 weeks, not including shipping time. Let us know if you need your items sooner and we will rush your order if possible.
Uh oh, I lost an earring. Can I order a single earring?
Yes! Contact us to request a 'make-a-mate'. Single earrings are half the cost of the pair. Payment is required at time of ordering.
We request that you send your existing earring back to us. This will allow us to match and recondition your earrings. Contact us for shipping instructions. You will be responsible for shipping charges.
Make-a-mates for past season styles are subject to material availability.
Are Shaesby’s materials ethically sourced?
We are proud to use 100% recycled metals and are committed to sourcing conflict-free diamonds, including man-made diamonds.
Each piece of jewelry that we make is ethically designed and handcrafted in our Austin, TX studio.
What materials do you use?
We primarily work in 14k yellow, white, & rose gold and sterling silver. Our gold inlay process uses 22k yellow gold. 18k gold and platinum are available upon request.
Styles in white gold are rhodium plated. Please indicate in order notes or contact us before or immediately after placing your order if you do not wish to have your items rhodium plated.
We work with precious and semi-precious gemstones. All of our stones are conflict-free and are sourced from vendors who comply with the Kimberly process.
What is blackened (oxidized) silver?
Blackened or oxidized silver is silver that has been intentionally darkened through a chemical process. By exposing the metal to sulfur and heat, a matte, gunmetal black finish is produced.
Oxidized silver, like any silver, will begin to develop a worn patina over time. We will happily re-oxidize your jewelry when desired, free of charge. Use our contact form to get started.
What if I am interested in a product that isn't available anymore?
If there is something from a previous collection that you would like to purchase, it is never too late! Just let us know the product you would like and we will make it just for you (subject to material availability).
Due to fluctuation in pricing, styles from past seasons will be priced according to the current price of gold and silver. Styles made with gemstones are subject to availability.
Insurance & Warranties
Do you provide insurance?
We recommend insuring your jewelry, but we do not provide insurance nor appraisals.